S/S Grade 4 - 6: $27.38 - $30.92 per hour + super
14 Dawson Street, Brunswick, 3056
The Aquatics Coordinator/Director will be required to have complete knowledge and understanding of all aspects of swimming lessons, swimming programming and water safety.
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
The Aquatics Coordinator is a 3 month seconded position.
The Aquatics Coordinator/Director will manage the Aquatic Team Leader, Swimming Teacher and Teacher in Charge teams in a professional manner following; the YMCA guidelines, industry guidelines, occupational health and safety regulations and best practice.
The position will provide leadership, direction and accountability to swim lesson teachers to provide a high-quality Swim Lesson program.
The Aquatics Coordinator/Director will ensure swimming lesson participants are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided and that all safety precautions are enforced. A key function of the role will be offering the highest possible level of service to all participants in the program. The Aquatics Coordinator/Director will possess strong communications skills and a positive and accommodating manner.
They will manage the swimming lessons program ensuring growth and maximum profit by conducting regular swim lesson health checks, achieving high participation enrolments numbers and occupancy rates. They will strive to achieve excellent service attention to;
- Outreach initiatives,
- Strong communication with members and students,
- Retention strategies and
- Student progression processes.
They will also be accountable to:
- Coordinating all aquatic bookings from user groups, schools, casual hirers and birthday parties
- Manage relevant administration systems and liaise with Frontline Services to ensure quality service provision first time every time.
- Complete all required reports in the timeframes required
- Participate in strategic working groups to develop operational efficiencies and initiatives across all Moreland sites
About the Company
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The YMCA has been engaged by Moreland City Council to work together to deliver the vision of an Active Moreland for the entire Moreland community.
The YMCA's work in partnership with Council extends to all corners of Moreland, however, is based at the six Aquatic and Leisure Facilities in Brunswick City Baths, Coburg Leisure Centre, Coburg Outdoor Pool, Fawkner Leisure Centre, Pascoe Vale Outdoor Pool and Oak Park Aquatic Centre.
The main goal within Moreland is to create more opportunities for more people to be more active, more often, especially those who are least likely to participate in healthy and active lifestyles.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate and enthusiastic about Aquatic Education
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated track record in managing and leading teams
- Experience in driving enrolments and maintaining a high performing Aquatic Program.
- Strong administration and computer skills including Microsoft Office and computerised point of sales systems (Links is preferable)
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTCPR201A Perform CPR or equivalent
- Working with Children Check
- AUSTSWIM - Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM - Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics
- Pool Lifeguard (can be acquired prior to commencement)
- ACF SCYP Certificate (completed after selection prior to employment)
- AUSTSWIM - Teacher of Access and Inclusion
- Level 1 Swim Coaching Award
How to Apply