RE Grade 3: $26.19 per hour + super
||Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre,
8 Warner Avenue, Ashburton, 3147
Pool Lifeguards at Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre (APARC) will constantly ensure that the aquatic environment is the safest it possibly can be for all to enjoy and will actively intervene where a risk arises.
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
Pool Lifeguards at APARC take on a muchgreater responsibility than simply supervising water space. As well as identifying potential risk factorsand taking steps to reduce those risks, lifeguards will act as positive rolemodels in an effort to build strong people, strong families and strongcommunities within the facilities that we manage.
All applicants will be contacted after the closing date.
About the Company
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The Ashburton Pool and Recreation Centre (APARC) is an important community facility and is just one of the leisure and aquatic facilities that make up the Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities (BLAF), managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with the City of Boroondara.
The Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities provide the unique opportunity for staff to be exposed to a variety of facilities, programs and services within a vibrant workplace. YMCA Victoria is committed to providing the highest level of service to our visitors and career development for our staff teams. APARC is one of the premier leisure and aquatic facilities in Victoria.
For over 20 years APARC has been the centre of the local community providing patrons with a health club, cardio room, double court stadium, group fitness areas, indoor and outdoor 25-metre pools, a warm water pool and a toddlers play pools. With 850,000 visits annually, 4,000 members and 3,000 aquatic education enrolments the facility is recognised as an industry leader.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
- Be able to facilitate a safe and fun aquatic environment
- Be able to constantly and actively supervise patrons in the aquatic environment for periods of up to 5 hours
- Be able to provide superior customer service
- Be organised, attentive to detail, well mannered and well presented
- Be accountable, time efficient and well organised
- Have flexible availability, including being able to work early mornings, late nights and weekdays and weekends
- Be honest, caring, respectful and responsible
- Have, or be willing to obtain your pool lifeguard qualification, first aid qualification, CPR qualification, working with children check and the YMCA safeguarding of children and young people course (required upon successful appointment)
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
- Working With Children Check
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Pool Lifeguard Award
- HLTFA301B or HLTAID003 Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTCPR201A Perform CPR or equivalent
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information
How to Apply