RE3 - $26.99 p/h
65 Berwick-Cranbourne Road, Cranbourne East, 3977
The Lifeguard is responsible for supervising the safety of patrons in the pool area as well as identifying and responding to potential risks and taking appropriate action to reduce those risks.
- Provide adequate supervision of aquatic facilities to ensure the safety of all facility users.
- Maintain concentrated observation of pools and patrons to anticipate and respond to problems
- Ensure facility rules are being obeyed whilst at the same time educating facility users about safe aquatic practices.
- Carry out intervention and preventative action to ensure the safety and wellbeing of patrons, the facility and equipment
- In conjunction with facility management facilitate the timely and safe use of water space, in clearly defined areas using appropriate signage
- Undertake regular cleaning and tidying duties to ensure the maintenance of a safe environment for staff and patrons
- Performs other duties as required commensurate with their skills and experience
- Sets an example for parents by interacting, communicating, guiding, and setting clear boundaries and expectations for children in healthy and respectful ways.
- Understands the unique needs of families and can respond appropriately
- Exhibits concern for the well-being of others and interest in the feelings and experiences of others.
- Communicates pool rules and safety information with patrons (children and their parents) as well as YMCA program information
- Observes patron behaviour that could indicate children and / or adults at the Centre may potentially be in danger.
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
As a member of staff at the Casey RACE this position requires you to work as part of a team committed to the goals and mission that actively fosters community participation and involvement.
Pool Lifeguards at YMCA facilities take on a much greater responsibility than simply supervising water space. As well as identifying potential risk factors and taking steps to reduce those risks, lifeguards will act as positive role models in an effort to build strong people, strong families and strong communities within the facilities that we manage.
About the Company
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
Casey RACE is an important community facility, managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with the City of Casey. The City of Casey opened the doors of this $34m centre in June 2009, at the busy existing Casey Indoor Leisure Complex, Cranbourne. Casey RACE is a premier aquatic and leisure facility in terms of design, features and sustainability initiatives for the Casey community.
Opened on 13th June 2009, Casey RACE is one of Australia's leading aquatic and leisure facilities for family fun and fitness.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
- Decision making under pressure
- Being able to manage conflicts with patrons and users
- Repetitive work environment which requires constant stimulation to stay alert
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Providing excellent customer service for all members and guests
- Being proactive with presentation of the facility
- Punctual in both attendance on shift and attendance at staff meetings
- Immediately responds to customers' needs or concerns
- Flexible to work early mornings, evenings and weekends in an effort to share the workload
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
• a national criminal history check;
• an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
• holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;
• ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
• Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- PUAEME001B Provide emergency care
- PUAEME003C Administer oxygen in an emergency situation
- SISCAQU002 Perform basic water rescues
- SISCAQU006 Supervise clients in aquatic locations
- SISCAQU007 Perform advanced water rescues
- Working With Childrens Check
How to Apply