RE Grade 3 - AW 4:$26.19 - $28.68 per hour + super
||Carlton Baths Community Centre,
248 Rathdowne St Carlton, Carlton, 3053
||Kensington Community Recreation Centre,
Cnr Kensington Rd and Altona St, Kensington, 3031
The Swimming Instructor will deliver educational, safe and fun swimming lessons for children of all ages, both in our Learn to Swim and schools programs across Carlton Baths and Kensington Community Recreation Centres
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
Carlton Baths & Kensington Community Recreation Centres are looking for dedicated and fun swimming instructors to teach in our learn to swim programs during the week and on weekends and school programs. We are looking for teachers to join our team who are committed to the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
YMCA swimming instructors are an essential component in the delivery of the YMCA Swimming Lessons Programs and Services. Our swim schools are growing with more school groups coming through and more children wanting to learn to swim. We are looking for fun-loving and knowledgeable staff to help deliver a safe and educational swim program for our members.
About the Company
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The Carlton Baths Community Centre is an important community facility, managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with the City of Melbourne. Carlton Baths was officially opened on 11 February 1916, with its original purpose being a place for the community to bathe. Over the years the site has been redeveloped into a sporting and recreational facility. The centre has just reopened after a $15M redevelopment.
The centre is designed to provide the community with a range of recreational, social, cultural and educational experiences. Carlton Baths is located at 240 Rathdowne St, Carlton and include the following facilities.
- One Court Stadium
- Health Club, Group Fitness Room & Cycle Studio
- Multi-Purpose Rooms
- 25 Metre Outdoor Heated Pool & outdoor heated toddler pool
Kensington Community Recreation Centre
Kensington Community Recreation Centre is an important community facility, managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with Melbourne City Council. Kensington Community Recreation Centre is a diverse facility that comprises a variety of programs and services to suit the needs of the community. The ever-expanding ranges of programs are developed with the ideals of “assess for everyone". The centre caters for many and varied groups within the community including older adults, children, young people and additional needs.
The facility includes:
- Indoor Aquatic Facility featuring 25m Pool, Learners' Pool, Toddlers' Pool, Modern Change rooms, Playground & BBQ Facilities and Extensive Grassed Areas
- 136m2 Health Club containing latest in strength and cardio fitness equipment from Life Fitness
- Indoor Sports Hall catering for Soccer, Netball, Basketball and Volleyball
- Dry Programs Area featuring Large Function Room with Dance floor and Stage
- Multi-purpose Meeting Room
- Other Facilities Include Kensington Banks Tennis Courts and Kensington Community Garden
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
- A love for teaching aquatics and having kids achieve results - however big or small.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and pitch in when required
- Teaching experience preferred, but not essential
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
- Working With Children,
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Level 2 First Aid or equivalent
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infants and Preschool Aquatics (desired)
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Access and Inclusion (desired)
How to Apply