Bachelor of Arts Degree (Politics and Theology), Masters of Public Policy (ongoing)
First appointed to the Board in 2015, Olly Tripodi is a respected youth advocate, currently working as a policy advisor within the Victorian State Government.
Olly’s participation in the 2009 YMCA Youth Parliament kick-started a passion for advocacy, policy and social justice. Since then, Olly has established himself as an insightful contributor to public debate, assisting many organisations to better engage young people and make a positive and lasting social contribution. In just a few short years, Olly’s career has seen him rove as a reporter with MTV Australia, work with young people from all walks of life, provide policy advice to the Victorian State Government and facilitate meaningful dialogue at countless public events.
Olly is passionate about de-mystifying the civic process and engaging under-represented groups in the creation of public policy. Olly’s advice has assisted many organisations to connect with young people, and establish and sustain the decision making process. With extensive experience as a non-executive director in the not-for-profit sector and many years working with government at all levels, Olly is well-placed to create powerful strategies that make a difference.
- YMCA Aquatic Education Ltd (November 2019)
- Victorian YMCA Community Programming Pty Ltd (November 2019)
- Victorian YMCA Accommodation Services Pty Ltd (November 2019)
- YMCA Aquatic and Event Services Ltd (August 2019)
- The Young Men’s Christian Association of Victoria Inc. (October 2015)
- Victorian YMCA Youth and Community Services Inc. (October 2015)
- Youth Affairs Sub Committee (Chair)
Occupation: Policy Advisor, Victorian State Government
Area of Specialty and Expertise: Youth affairs and advocacy, infrastructure policy and delivery, social policy and governance.