YMCA remains vigilant and maintains the highest level of safety systems and processes throughout all of our operations.
Workplace Safety Audit tools have been custom developed to support management of Health, Safety and Environment activities at all YMCA managed facilities. These audit tools are based on appropriate industry standards and provide a system to measure the work to develop, implement and ensure improvement and operational excellence.
YMCA Victoria is committed to supporting a child-safe culture and allocates significant resources to ensure the protection of children and young people. In 2015 we implemented our Safeguarding Children and Young People policy with the aim that all YMCA personnel understand and comply with their responsibilities to ensure a child-safe culture.
The policy includes mandatory training, National Criminal Record checks and Working with Children Checks for all staff and volunteers. YMCA Victoria is the only facility management organisation accredited as a child safe organisation by the Australian Childhood Foundation.
YMCA managed facilities are operated with the support of our organisational systems including:
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System
- Risk Management System aligned to ISO 31000:2009
- Environmental Management System aligned to ISO 14001:2004
- OHSMS certified to Australian Standard 4801
Not for profit
YMCA Victoria is a leading not for profit (NFP) organisation with strong, long-standing relationships across the NFP industry. As such, the YMCA is positioned well to successfully apply for grants and funding that is available to organisations with DGR status.
As an NFP we are not focussed on dividends for shareholders, but rather ensuring that we gain and maintain the best financial outcomes for our Council partners.
We have a ‘whole of community’ approach and deliver programs and services that are needed, not simply for organisational benefit. The YMCA positively impacts 75 Victorian municipalities and works collaboratively with Council partners and key stakeholders to deliver:
- Strong and sustainable financial outcomes for our partners
- Maximum participation and engagement across the broader community
- The provision of safe, welcoming and quality community assets
- A range of inclusive opportunities for all to access relevant programs and services