You can do it with the NDIS at the Y!
You'll find a world of possibilities with Victoria's leading leisure and recreation provider. We know how to help you discover your strengths and bring out your best!
With YMCA Victoria you’ll discover exciting ways to make your NDIS Plan come to life.
As Victoria’s largest leisure and recreation organisation, we help thousands of people of all ages and abilities achieve their personal goals every day. Now that we’re a registered NDIS provider there are even more ways we can help you get active and involved in your community!
Our specialist Recreational staff in the North East Melbourne area have undertaken disability support training.This means you can purchase NDIS-funded supports to access recreation activities directly from people who know how to build your skills to participate in sport, leisure and the community.
Our Progression Model
We start by exploring your interests, and understanding your strengths. Then we create a program that will increase your skills and confidence, and get you participating at your own pace in your own way.
There's lots of things to try...
Try out popular indoor and outdoor sports and build your skills
Increase water confidence, or learn to swim
Build strength and balance through gymnastics skills
Get active in our leisure centres
Be supported in mainstream classes
Go away on a camp
Connect with others with the same interests
With the YMCA everyone can be healthier, happier and connected to their community!
How we work with you
- Build personalised programs around your individual strengths and interests
- Understand how to build your skills and independence, while you’re having fun.
- Offer 1:1 support, group based activities and camps, for adults, teens and children
- Work in mainstream leisure centres, 7 days a week
- Provide both inclusive and specialised activities
- Connect you to mainstream sport and community
- Know you can do it!
Our NDIS-ready Leisure Centres
YMCA managed centres are lively community hubs, open seven days a week including evenings and holidays. They are the perfect place to try new things and make new friends. We are currently offering NDIS supports at:
Shire of Nillumbik
- Community Bank Stadium - 129-163 Main Hurstbridge Road, Diamond Creek
- Diamond Creek Community Centre – 28 Main Road, Diamond Creek
- Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool - 1 Elizabeth Street, Diamond Creek
City of Banyule
- Macleod Recreation and Fitness Centre - 157 Wungan Street, Macleod
City of Darebin
- Northcote Aquatics and Recreation Centre - 180 Victoria Road Northcote
- Darebin Community Sports Stadium – 857 Plenty Road, Reservoir
City of Melbourne (adjacent to City of Yarra)
- Carlton Baths Community Centre - 248 Rathdowne Street, Carlton
You can have confidence in the YMCA. We have 160 years’ experience in building stronger communities across Victoria. We are an accredited Child Safe organisation, and a registered Disability Service Provider with Victorian Government certification.
Call 1300 883 994 or email Vic.firstname.lastname@example.org, to find out more about the ways YMCA Victoria can support you to achieve your goals.