By volunteering your time and skills, we can continue to offer a wide range of programs for people in need in our community.
Volunteering with the YMCA is an opportunity for personal and professional growth through assisting with the delivery of programs and services. You will also have the chance to make a valuable contribution to your community.
Check out some of the awesome opportunities below to find out where you can volunteer.
We’ve been working with young people in Victoria for over a century. We know what it takes to help all young people reach their potential in life. Volunteer with young people with:
- Youth Parliament – a program that gives Victorians from 16-25 years of age a chance to be heard at the highest levels of State Government on a wide range of issues relevant to young people’s lives.
- UNO-Y Leadership Program (pronounced ‘you-know-why’) - a leadership program for exceptional young people to grow and develop their potential, awareness and leadership capacities.
- YMCA Launchpad – helps young people launch their ideas on a three-day journey of self-discovery where ideas and passions are encouraged and championed.
- YMCA Bridge Project – provides support, training and employment opportunities to young offenders through mentoring and the development of new skills.
- YMCA School Services - leadership days, lunchtime recreation activities, after-school programs, careers programs and peer support
- YMCA Skate Parks – skate, BMX and scooter lessons for all abilities and age groups as well as competitions.
- YMCA Youth Mentoring - matches adult volunteers on a one-to-one basis with a young person in need of additional adult support and friendship with the aim for positive change in behaviour and attitudes.
- And more!
There are a range of volunteering opportunities in camping including:
- YMCA Camping Adventures - a school holiday camping program for 8-16 year olds of all abilities to explore their potential in a fun, challenging and supportive environment.
- Y-LEAD – a program for young people aged 17 years and above who are interest in becoming YMCA camp leaders by developing their skills.
- YMCA Connect - a school holiday camping program for 9-15 year olds who are living in care and require one on one support. The program provides a break from home, recreation experiences and leadership development.
- YMCA Weekend Escapes – a camp for adults with a disability to provide opportunities for developing social skills, making new friends, trying new activities and having fun.
- REAL Camps – a camp for indigenous young people from across Victoria to build their leadership skills and connect with the community.
We believe in instilling positive & healthy attitudes at an early age by providing a safe, nurturing and fun environment for children to reach their full potential. Volunteer with children and young people through:
- YMCA Father's Day Fun Run - This Father’s Day, Sunday 4 September, we’re super excited to launch the first ever YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run at the Tan and Alexandra Gardens and we need your help! You’ll help keep runners and walkers motivated and excited and support us to raise money towards reducing the impacts of mental health issues in young people. To find the perfect role for you, sign up to volunteer at the YMCA Father’s Day Fun Run!
- YMCA Swimathon – national fundraising event where people come together, swim laps and raise funds to support people with disabilities to learn to swim at their YMCA.
Your Local Centre
You can also volunteer at social and fundraising activities at your local YMCA centre!
Are you ready to become a volunteer? Sign up now!